This morning I was thinking, and eventually my thoughts led to how Thomas Edison was an amazing inventor, and then suddenly he started to be sick, and then he died less than a year later. I thought that I would want to go like that, as long as it wasn't painful.
That's my greatest fear-- a painful death. I thought to myself, maybe if I had the chance to ask anything from Heavenly Father I'd ask for an easy death. Then I thought, no, I'd ask for an assurance of heaven.
But then I changed my mind again.
I've always been confused about repentance; I've felt like Joseph Smith. There are so many things that people say about repentance: just do this, here's a list, there is no list-- it's a feeling, and so on.
I decided that if I could ask Heavenly Father for anything, I'd ask to know how to repent.
And then a feeling of peace came to me, and the thought "Forsake thy sins and come unto Me." It was soooooooo amazing!!
It was a wonderful start to my day.
That's my greatest fear-- a painful death. I thought to myself, maybe if I had the chance to ask anything from Heavenly Father I'd ask for an easy death. Then I thought, no, I'd ask for an assurance of heaven.
But then I changed my mind again.
I've always been confused about repentance; I've felt like Joseph Smith. There are so many things that people say about repentance: just do this, here's a list, there is no list-- it's a feeling, and so on.
I decided that if I could ask Heavenly Father for anything, I'd ask to know how to repent.
And then a feeling of peace came to me, and the thought "Forsake thy sins and come unto Me." It was soooooooo amazing!!
It was a wonderful start to my day.
Wow, that is an inspiring experience! Thanx for sharing it with us! :)
ReplyDelete-JS
You are so in tune with the Spirit. It seems like you always have been.
ReplyDeleteI want to die like my Uncle Joe who passed away peacefully in his sleep....not like the 4 screaming passengers in his car.
ReplyDeleteI love you, Dad!
Delete