Thursday, May 16, 2013

Persephone

I'm reading this book (imagine that :)) called Mythology (by Edith Hamilton). It's an AWESOME BOOK! I read about Persephone in it, and she is one of my favorite goddesses (she was sorta before, but now she is even more). And I just had to write a poem about her.

I once was carefree 
Joyful, glad 
Forever dancing with the flowers 

Now I know sorrow 
Entered Hades, then back. 
 I know the darkness of powers 

I weep with the dead 
I understand now 
Their feelings in leaving loved ones. 

But I  may return 
And in the wind bow 
With Mother I may be under the sun 

But no longer free 
Now I am bound 
1 moment, 1 seed-- and 4 months of doom 

I laugh no more 
My joys are downed 
Now I appreciate all I have, all this room 

With my mother 
8 months pass 
Happy clouds, but always holding back rain. 

In the dark 
Cold in glass 
I'm a queen, ruling over pain. 

Pain and sorrow 
Unknown before 
I'm a goddess ambrosia and nectar are my food. 

Deeper thoughts 
Perspective-- more 
I have some bad times, I have my good. 

In the air 
Breathing free 
Having joy while I can under the sun 

Underground 
Dark debris 
Weeping with dead who have left loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment