Sunday, June 30, 2013

CALL TO BOYS!! (LDS, and16 yrs+)

(I don't think any of the boys I invited read my blog, but this is just in case. For anyone else who reads--you can share this with as many boys as you want!)

Hello!
I am a sixteen year old girl. I haven't yet gone on my first date. Why? (well, partly because I'm home-schooled in a foreign country) But it's mostly because no guy has asked me!
I have a little brother who is fifteen and taller than me. I like to tease him, and talk to him about girls. I told him that he should take some girls we know out on their first dates. He asked me why! "Why?! BECAUSE YOU'RE A GOOD GUY AND THEY WOULD BE THRILLED!" Seriously, dudes! Girls aren't looking to put you down!
Of course, there are some guys out there who are just fine with asking girls on dates, and they do it pretty often. You have answered this call all ready, and I am grateful to you on behalf of all the girls you've asked. But everyone else, listen up! :)

OK, I'm now stepping back, and looking at some reasons why guys wouldn't want to take a girl on a date:
1) You don't have much money (or a car)
2) She might say no
3) You don't want to
4) She might already have a date or be too busy
5) You're too busy

Let me talk a little bit about each of these.

1) You don't have much money or a car. Here's what I say: "SO WHAT!" You don't have to take her to a restaurant. Just go hiking with some buddies, and make some cookies to bring! Really, just having a date is fun. So don't stress about money, just be creative and fun!

2) She might say no. I highly doubt she will. Usually girls are very happy to go on dates (especially group dates with their friends :))

3) You don't want to. Well.... what can I say? Think of the girl. Think of what a fun time you'll have. I bet that anyone would spend an evening with a bunch of friends on a group date doing something fun, rather than sitting at home trying to find something good on TV, or a book you haven't already read.

4) She might already have a date or be too busy. Again, I highly doubt it (unless it's a dance, or something). Try asking her what she's doing on the weekend you have in mind, and if she says she has a date (or she's too busy), then try a different weekend, or ask her later, (or maybe even ask a different girl). That's what I would suggest, but I DON'T suggest you give up trying.

5) You're too busy. OK, I respect that. But you're missing out on some great relaxation time! Who says a date has to be stressful? Maybe (if you're busy with school) you can get creative and come up with some sort of big studying game (like Jeopardy) that helps you study, but you can ask a date, and some other friends with their dates over to play it.

So, I hope I've addressed some of your worries. Now here's a challenge: ASK A GIRL ON A DATE! Yep, I mean it. Write down some ideas, call up some friends, and then call the girl. After you call her (and she says she'll go) she will mostly likely get off the phone, run to her parents, or call up her other friends, and say "GUESS WHAT! _____ JUST ASKED ME ON A DATE!" I'm serious! That's what I'd do, and some of my friends have called/emailed me doing it.
Now the call is issued! You can no longer be a fence-sitter! You must heed it, or reject it! (PLEASE HEED IT :)) 

3 comments:

  1. I'm certain that when you get back to US you will be dating all the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. What!? You haven't been on your first date? What am I? Chopped liver?

    ReplyDelete