If you want you can say
Tomato, tomah-to.
Potato, potah-to.
I don't give a hay.
If you want you can speak
Korean, Norwegian
English Bangledesh
I don't give a creek.
If you want you can tell
A story, an essay
A poem, a boredom
I don't give a bell.
If you want to converse
'Bout science, or math.
History, music
I don't give purse.
If you want you can utter
Gheti or fish
Tough, rough, or dough
I don't give a butter
So many choices,
So little time.
So many voices.
But few do rhyme.
Isn't the English language funny! Did you know that in Hungarian, the scriptures are normal to read. They don't have a fancy language to put in it!
:) Your poems are always so creative and fun to read! The English language is funny...My mom, my cousin and I were playing a homophone game recently and it turned into a "what's the difference between homophone and homonym" conversation. We later found out that homophone and homonym both have the same meaning. I don't think English will ever fully make sense! ;)
ReplyDelete-Carmody
That's awesome! (not awful, although you'd think that 'awful' meant 'full of awe' :))
DeleteKomolyan!?
ReplyDeleteIgen. Bisztos.
DeleteFun word play. I agree with Ms. Eggett. Your poems are so fun, clever, and playful. Love it!
ReplyDelete