Paul's Christmas Tragedy
By "Kate Wynstelle"
Listen, my children, and you shall
hear
Of the midnight ride of 8 reindeer.
In the month of December (25)
A fat, old man gets in to drive.
In a sleigh all filled with boats
and toys
(Enough for all the girls and boys)
This fat, old man-all dressed in
red-
Sets a white cap on his head.
He picks up reins, and waves
good-bye
To all his elves, and Miss Sweetie-pie.
Then he calls out his same old call
“Go Dasher, Go Dancer, get up with
you all!
Prancer and Vixen don’t think of
stopping.
Comet and Cupid! What are you
dropping?!
Donner and Blitzen, keep going
strong,
We’re gonna be flying all the night
long.”
The deer all sigh as they pass the
moon
The fat man and presents made
burdens not boons.
Each one of them wanted their own
Christmas present.
They thought that a carrot would
surely be pleasant
That’s all they thought of at their
1st stop
In London, on one of those brick-red
roof-tops.
They considered the orang-ness of
carrots supreme
As they left 15 presents for the
small Dutch Queen.
In Egypt they wondered how carrots
would grow.
They also were baffled at the lack
of snow.
As they doubled the Cape they ran
into a storm.
But that was alright, that was the
norm.
As Russians ran out to receive all
their favors
The ung’lates thought only of
delicious flavors
They thought of them all the down to
Nepal,
Where they nearly hit a big mountain
called Saul.
The orange trees that grew all over
Japan
Made the reindeer go dizzy, their
heads really swam.
All over the ocean the reindeer were
hungry.
All over the water their tummies
were grumbly.
They thought that they were all
going to die
From the hunger they felt as they
passed through Lehi
At old Honduras, where they had
ceased
They thought they‘d give up and just
"Rest In Peace".
But no, they first must visit Brazil
Then over to Scotland for the last
unfill.
They wearily flew back up to the
North
They could barely keep their hooves
moving forth.
But they finally made it, although
thy had doubted
Into the fine house the fat, old man
shouted,
“Hey, dear, we’re back! And, boy,
what a ride!
I landed smack dab on each roof that
I spied.
Each house that we went to had
cookies galore!
I ate and unloaded, which was no
great chore.
There was something funny, I must
confess,
On each of the plates was some sort
of orange mess.
Don’t know what it was, but I left
it down there,
And whisked up the chimney with soot
in my hair.”
The reindeer all heard this, and
sighed a great sigh.
“Looks like grass again boys.” But then the deer died.
I love it!! It's so fun and definitely going into the VG newspaper! :)
ReplyDeleteIt makes me think of the deer more than Santa, and I feel sorry for them. So since they died, does that mean that Santa won't be coming anymore? ;)
Set your heart at rest, I have it on good authority that Santa has already hired replacement reindeer (in the contract they were promised all the carrots the wanted)
Delete;)
"What are you dropping?" Ha Ha Ha!
ReplyDeleteHey, what can I say? It rhymes. :)
Delete